These companies claim that covering your luggage in plastic will prevent theft and damage, as the thick tamper proof film protects everything, including bad weather conditions, general wear, and tear and the sticky fingers of thieves.
- Theft Deterrent. Unfortunately, airport workers have been known to rummage through suitcases and steal personal items.
- Protection. A layer of sealed wrap protects suitcases and backpacks from general wear and tear and the natural elements such as rain.
- Prevent Damage. Expensive items, such as wheelchairs, pushchairs golf clubs, and bicycles don´t usually come in a case or packaging to protect again damage.
- For some smuggling is also a concern. Plastic wrap stops anyone from adding items into your luggage.
- Perhaps the most popular reason to use the plastic wrapping service to peace of mind!
A lot of us worry about our luggage and personal items from the moment we check them in until we see them on the carousel. This is not an unreasonable fear to have, as in 2017 Department of Transportation reported that ´the highest number of complaints related to air travel is for mishandled baggage.´ This includes damaged, mislaid and lost luggage. Thankfully, since then many airlines including the worst offenders have improved their manual handling procedures and complaints are falling.
How much does it cost?
In the US prices range from $15 – $35, depending on the size of your suitcase and its irregularity. But you could do it cheaper at home with your own plastic wrap.
How long does it take?
If you are in a hurry, waiting to have all your baggage wrapped can be an added stress you don´t need. But if there isn’t a queue it can only take a couple of minutes.
Text taken from: https://www.hotelsescape.com